Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Moving up the human leg.


This morning, I woke up with a bit of a cold. I'm working hard to fight it off so it doesn't grow big by consuming lots of vitamin C! On the other hand, if there's a time to get sick, I think this is kind of it, because it would suck to have been sick in Boston or over Christmas.. but I don't really want to get sick, so there you are.

Anyway, today I finished knitting the socks I'm making for Tyler while listening to The Tempest book-on-tape, which was pretty super. I'm very pleased with these, so whenever I see him, I'll be able to give them to him.

In Maple Grove, then, is this lovely yarn store I just discovered called Amazing Threads! I trekked out there (after a quick stop at Michael's for some yarn I knew Amazing Threads wouldn't have, since it's all acrylic and "metallic polyester," but still wonderful) and got some excellent yarn for my next project: leg-warmers for ________ except she already knows they're for her, so I guess it isn't a secret.

Anyway, tonight I knitted a couple of gauge swatches, and right now I'm planning out what these leg-warmers are going to look like. I've never made leg-warmers before, so I'm going to do some exploring of patterns on Ravelry just to get my bearings..

It's my sister Laura's birthday today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!!!!!

love, Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment